LOTS OF THINGS TO DO AT THE MARY RIVER FESTIVAL – Saturday 11th November 2017
at Kandanga And they are mostly FREE!
Our theme this year is " Remembrance for the Mary - Healthy Rivers flow Free to the Sea"
Leading up to the Festival, see the large and small lanterns from the last Mary River Festival made with renowned lantern maker Jullie Jackson of the Lismore Lantern Parade fame in the Mary St shop near the Post Office in Gympie.
On Festival Day ..
- Join in games for Children
- Learn more about the Mary River and its history.
- Come alive with Mary River Rhythym and Drumming.
- Weaving our weeds away.
- Get to know about why the healthy rivers need to flow free to the sea from our Expert Speakers at the Yabba Yarning Speakers Corner.
- Learn more about Recycling, Composting and Reuse.
- Print up your own bags with Erica Neate
- Parade lanterns and dance to the fantastic Laser Show